Eddie Hearn tests positive for COVID-19, has to leave fight bubble ahead of Joshua Buatsi vs Marko Calic show

0


Eddie Hearn has announced that he’s tested positive for COVID-19.

The promoter took a test when entering Matchroom’s ‘bubble’ environment ahead of their show on Saturday night – headlined by Joshua Buatsi vs Marko Calic.

Hearn said he’s heading home to rest

Hearn said he’s heading home to rest

Their event is taking place at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes.

Matchroom have taken over a floor of the Stadium MK hotel for everybody connected to the card to stay in.

Upon arriving, all personnel are tested before heading to their rooms to remain in quarantine until the results are back.

When given the all-clear, they can socialise with others in attendance.

Hearn initially returned with boxing in the Matchroom HQ back garden

Dave Thompson | Matchroom Boxing

Hearn initially returned with boxing in the Matchroom HQ back garden

However, Hearn has now had to leave this ‘bubble’ after his test came back positive for coronavirus.

Hearn tweeted on Thursday night: “Gutted to just find out I tested positive for Covid-19 today and have to leave the bubble immediately.

“Thankfully all other tests were negative. Heading home to rest – catch up tomorrow.”

The 41-year-old did not clarify whether or not he had been experiencing any symptoms.

Buatsi is undefeated ahead of his clash with Calic this weekend

Buatsi is undefeated ahead of his clash with Calic this weekend

The show will go on with light-heavyweight contender Joshua Buatsi headlining against Marko Calic.

Chantelle Cameron will face Adriana Araujo for the vacant WBC super-lightweight world title on the undercard.

Alen Babic, Aqib Fiaz and John Hedges are also in action, as well as an English lightweight title bout between Linus Udofia and John Harding Jr.





Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.