Conor McGregor’s highly anticipated rematch with Dustin Poirier is yet to be officially rubber-stamped, UFC president Dana White has revealed.
The fight is expected to be confirmed in the near future, with the former two-weight champion expected to make his return to the octagon at UFC 257 on January 23.
McGregor’s most recent fight lasted just 40 seconds when he knocked out Donald Cerrone last January, before announcing his retirement from MMA for the third time in June.
Talks have reportedly been ongoing for several weeks and MMA Fighting reported last week that all parties have come to an agreement.
White, however, insists nothing has been officially confirmed as thus far and says it’s not something he’s losing any sleep over.
“I don’t know (if he signed it yet). Listen, I’m not worried about it,” White said.
“Conor McGregor has never said, ‘Listen I want to fight,’ gone out the way that he’s gone out, talked about it.
“We got him his own date. Conor McGregor’s going to show up and fight.
“I’m not worried about his bout agreement, but I don’t know if it’s been signed. I’m assuming it has, but it wasn’t the other day when I texted the fight wasn’t done yet.”
The long-awaited card is expected to take place in Las Vegas, although it is believed McGregor would prefer an earlier date for the fight.