Conor McGregor is lining up an mixed martial arts fight with Dustin Poirier just days after claiming he would be taking on boxing legend Manny Pacquiao.
The Notorious retired from MMA in June for the third time in the space of four years, but has comebacks have been teased constantly.
And now we could see the 32-year-old return to fighting before the end of 2020.
McGregor tweeted in response to a post Poirier sent: “Hey bro! You want to do an MMA charity fight? Zero to do with the UFC.
“I will donate half a mill towards your charity for it. Sell it on PPV or work a TV deal and we work out other charities that are close to my heart also. I am engaged in many.
“Strictly a charity ‘exhibition’.
“December 12th in the Point depot, Ireland. No weigh ins. Open weight, unified rules.
“I will arrange all travel fare for you and family.
“McGregor Sports and Entertainment MMA, in association with The Good Fight Foundation. Charity Mixed Martial Arts!”
Poirier responded: “I’m in! Let’s do it! A lot of people will benefit from this @TheGoodFightFDN.”
He then told fans: “December 12 circle your calendars.”
The pair previously fought back in 2014 with the Irish fighter getting the win by knockout in the first round and the ‘rematch’ is one Jorge Masvidal is keen to see.
“I will be tuning in and happily be donating to to Dustin Poirier’s charity The Good Fight Foundation on December 12,” the welterweight wrote.
McGregor had declared late last week that his next fight will be against Pacquiao after revealing private messages he had sent to UFC boss Dana White about fighting within the promotion.
“Anyway all water under the bridge who gives a fook. I’m boxing Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East.”
In addition, McGregor’s manager Audie Attar – who also represents Pacquiao – told ESPN that there are ‘serious talks’ ongoing for the fight, though it is not a done deal yet.
Mikey Garcia threw spanner in the works, however, and told McGregor he’s not Pacquiao’s next opponent after all.
The four-weight world champion insisted in an interview with FightHype: “I saw the tweets by McGregor.
“I haven’t seen some from Pacquiao [directly]. Are there any responses from Pacquiao yet, or no?
“I’ve only seen what McGregor tweeted out, that his next fight is Manny Pacquiao in the Middle East.
“Well, I think he might be right, he might be right, I’m pretty confident his next fight is Manny Pacquiao.
“But Manny Pacquiao’s next fight is not with Conor McGregor.
“Manny Pacquiao’s next fight is with me. McGregor still has to take a number.
“McGregor’s next fight might be most likely Manny Pacquiao.
“But before that Manny Pacquiao has to fight me first – and that’s 100 per cent…
“That’s gonna happen. Watch.”